For a self-paced, guided learning experience
Duration: 2.0 hours
Employees face several physical hazards at their place of work. These include but are not limited to ergonomic hazards, noise pollution, machine and tool hazards as well as warehouse hazards.
A thorough knowledge and evaluation of different types of risks will help you and your organization to establish effective safeguards against such hazards and also prevent work hindrances.
While working, as an employee, you should be aware of the intensity, duration and exposure to a specific physical hazard that you experience. Receiving appropriate work training, wearing safety equipment, knowledge of emergency response procedures are some of the ways in which you can conduct your work around such potential physical work hazards.
In this course, you will learn about the different types of physical hazards at the workplace as well the protection measures that you can adopt against such hazards.
Knowledge of physical hazards and risks at the workplace as well as safety measures will help you deal with any crisis in an effective manner. Here, in this course, we will illustrate the different types of physical hazards and the preventive measures as outlined below:
- Noise Hazards
- Man and Material Movement
- Machine Hazards
- Tool Hazards
- Warehouse Hazards
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify ergonomic hazards and eliminate them
- Determine a noise hazard and effectively control it
- Apply correct lifting techniques—physical or mechanical
- Use and maintain machines and tools safely
- Implement safe storage and retrieval techniques
This course is meant to benefit:
- Industrial workers including employees, contractors and management personnel prone to hazards in the form of accidents and health issues
- Employees and management personnel interested in learning more about workplace safety
- Social workers and common public interested in learning more about safety and health standards