For a self-paced, guided learning experience
Negotiation Essentials: Planning for Negotiation
Duration: 1.5 hours
In your negotiations with stakeholders, have you ever felt that you have compromised a lot in order to arrive at a solution?
Alternatively, have you been in situations where you have felt that the negotiation process is not heading anywhere?
At the workplace, you may often face conflict and disagreement while working with different organizational stakeholders such as vendors, clients or even other employees. This, in turn, will require you to negotiate with stakeholders to drive home your point.
Negotiation is not about winning; it is about getting the best possible solution to a particular business problem or transaction.
Ideally, a successful negotiation is a situation where you can make concessions that mean little to you, while giving something to the other party that means a lot to them. Your approach to negotiation should foster goodwill, regardless of the differences in party interests.
A good negotiation leaves each party satisfied and ready to do business with each other again. However, to perform well on the negotiation table, you will have to do extensive planning and execute your plan accordingly.
In this course, you will assess your own negotiation skills. Further, you will learn how to plan for negotiation meetings and execute your plans with ease.
- Negotiation—The Key Steps
- Negotiation Styles
- Steps in Negotiation Planning
- Characteristics of an Effective Negotiator
- Managing Emotions in a Negotiation
- Mutual Gain Response
- Explain negotiation and its types
- Assess your own personal orientation towards negotiation
- Examine the key concepts of negotiation—positions, interests and principles
- Devise an approach to negotiations
- Explore ways of developing unique negotiation methods depending on the parties involved in the negotiation
- Examine the benefits of interest-based approach to negotiation in contrast to conventional negotiation techniques
- Devise strategies for effective negotiation
This course, which deals with advanced skills in negotiation, is meant to benefit:
- Budding entrepreneurs seeking to improve their negotiation skills to negotiate and close customer deals with ease
- Sales and business professionals in customer interfacing roles seeking to improve their sales performance record through use of their negotiation skills
- Management executives seeking to refresh their negotiation skills to adopt a flexible type of negotiation with customers and external stakeholders
Other Courses under Leadership and Management
- Managerial Essentials
- Job hunting / Placement preparation
- Corporate Essentials
- Star Sales Person
- Business Communication
- Developing Interpersonal Skills
- Email Etiquette
- Effective Managerial Practices
- Analytical Skills
- Selling Skills
- Building Strong Customer Relationships
- Goal Setting
- Team Work
- People Management
- Creating an Effective Presentation
- Delivering an Effective Presentation
- Preparing for Successful Sales
- Negotiation Essentials: Persuasion
- Internal Customer Service
- Managing Customer Confrontations
- Voice of Leadership—Self-Assessment and Motivation
- Managing Business Meetings
- Managing Pressure at Work
- Leading Business Execution
- Shaping the Direction of Customer Service in Your Organization
- Acing Resume Writing
- Group Discussion
- Interview Faceoff