For a self-paced, guided learning experience
Duration: 1 hour
The United States of America as a country embraces a highly diverse population consisting of a variety of racial, ethnic and cultural types.
Nicknamed as the land of opportunities, it thrives to be one of the world’s greatest economic power. This land lures a diverse set of tourists every year that includes a multitude of business executives, entrepreneurs, students and tourists from all over the world.
A tour of the United States can be full of surprises if you are unacquainted with its history, culture or climate. For instance, did you know that business executives in the US spend little time on social formalities during business meetings? In addition, they prefer communicating their disagreement directly instead of making vague promises.
As a tourist planning a trip to the US, a 360-degree perspective of this country will help you carry yourself with poise in formal as well as informal situations. As a business personnel or an employee dealing with an American personnel, it becomes all the more important to acquaint yourself with social and cultural norms of this land.
In this course, you will explore more about the United States of America and what to expect even as you travel through this land of surprises. Further, the course will examine communication patterns and etiquettes specific to this country. Come; let us learn more about the United States of America.
To communicate effectively with your clients and counterparts hailing from a different country of origin, it always helps to learn more about their social and cultural norms.
Here, in this course, you will explore the cultural, social and political setup of the United States of America. Further, you will learn how to conduct yourself confidently while interacting with your American counterparts. Some of the aspects of this country that you will explore in this course have been outlined below:
- An Introduction to United States of America
- Ways of Life
- Business Etiquettes
In this course, you will:
- Examine how to conduct yourself confidently in unknown situations.
- Describe how to develop a strong business rapport when you arrive at your destination.
- Examine business, dining and dressing etiquettes specific to this land.
This course is meant to benefit:
- Business executives and management personnel:
- Who interact with customers or personnel belonging to a different culture over phone and e-mail
- Who work onsite at the customer’s place and want to equip themselves with intercommunication skills
- Individuals who are planning to take up overseas travel and would like to equip themselves with knowledge about a different culture