For a self-paced, guided learning experience
Duration: 1 hour
Argentina, the world’s eighth largest country in areas, comprises large plains, thousands of miles of coastline and dense forests.
The capital of Argentina, Buenos Aires, is a crowded cosmopolitan city with an active nightlife and captivating architectural styles. Raising cattle, manufacturing and tourism are the largest businesses in this country and its major exports include soybean, wheat and meat.
A tour of Argentina can be full of surprises if you are unacquainted with its history, culture or climate. For instance, did you know that business executives in Argentina prefer several business meetings and lengthy discussions before finalizing a deal?
As a tourist planning to undertake a tour of Argentina, a 360-degree perspective of this country will help you conduct yourself with poise in formal as well as informal situations. As a business personnel or an employee dealing with your counterpart in Argentina, it becomes all the more important to acquaint yourself with Argentina’s social and cultural norms.
In this course, you will explore more about Argentina and things you could expect on your travel to this land. Further, the course will examine communication patterns and etiquettes that are specific to this land. Come, let us learn more about Argentina.
To communicate effectively with your clients and counterparts hailing from a different country of origin, it always helps to learn more about their social and cultural norms.
Here, in this course, you will explore the cultural, social and political setup of Argentina. Further, you will learn how to conduct yourself confidently while interacting with your Argentine counterparts. Some of the aspects of this country that you will explore in this course have been outlined below:
- An Introduction to Argentina
- Ways of Life
- Business Etiquettes
In this course, you will:
- Examine how to conduct yourself confidently in unknown situations.
- Describe how to develop a strong business rapport when you arrive at your destination.
- Examine business, dining and dressing etiquettes to this land.
This course is meant to benefit:
- Business executives and management personnel:
- Who interact with customers or personnel belonging to a different culture over phone and e-mail
- Who work onsite at the customer’s place and want to equip themselves with intercommunication skills
- Individuals who are planning to take up overseas travel and would like to equip themselves with knowledge about a different culture