For a self-paced, guided learning experience
Duration: 1 hour
The Russian Federation with its sprawling land mass embraces a varied topography and every type of climate available on planet Earth.
Embracing a multi-ethnic rich cultural environment, Russia attracts a diverse tourist population consisting of Embassy personnel, business representatives, news correspondents, clergy, exchange students, and professors.
A tour of Russia can be full of surprises if you are unacquainted with its history, culture or climate. For instance, did you know that Russian business executives prefer introducing themselves using only their surnames? In addition, they enjoy being dramatic during their negotiations, which they believe helps them gain concessions.
As a tourist planning to undertake a tour of Russia, a 360-degree perspective of this country will help you conduct yourself with poise in formal as well as informal situations. As a business personnel or an employee dealing with Russian personnel, it becomes all the more important to acquaint yourself with Russia’s social and cultural norms.
In this course, you will explore more about Russia and what you could expect on your travel to this land. Further, the course will examine communication patterns and etiquettes that you will come across while travelling across the sprawling expanse of this land. Come, let us learn more about Russia.
Businessmen need to understand the social and cultural norms when they deal with their clients and other associates from a different country. Here, in this course, the various aspects of a country, cultural, social as well as political, are presented to help you learn how to conduct yourself confidently on a business trip.
The aspects covered are:
- An Introduction to Russia
- Ways of Life
- Business Etiquettes
In this course, you will:
- Examine how to conduct yourself confidently in unknown situations.
- Describe how to develop a strong business rapport when you arrive at your destination.
- Examine business, dining and dressing etiquettes of this land.
This course is meant to benefit:
- Business executives and management personnel:
- Who interact with customers or personnel belonging to a different culture over phone and e-mail
- Who work onsite at the customer’s place and want to equip themselves with intercommunication skills
- Individuals who are planning to take up overseas travel and would like to equip themselves with knowledge about a different culture