For a self-paced, guided learning experience
Duration: 1 hour
Kenya, situated in Eastern Africa, is a multilingual country with scenic landscapes and variety of wildlife species. This makes the country a hotspot for tourism.
The people of Kenya are group oriented and practice values such as mutual effort and mutual responsibility.
A tour of Kenya can be full of surprises if you are unacquainted with its history, culture or climate. For instance, did you know that people in Kenya consider it rude to give gifts using your left hand? In addition, Kenyans consider it impolite to eat and drink at the same time. So, drinks are served only after the meals are completed.
As a tourist planning a trip to Kenya, a 360-degree perspective of this country will help you carry yourself with poise in formal as well as informal situations. As a business personnel or an employee dealing with a Kenyan personnel, it becomes all the more important to acquaint yourself with social and cultural norms of this land.
In this course, you will explore more about Kenya and things to expect even as you travel through this land of surprises. Further, the course will examine communication patterns and etiquettes specific to this country. Come; let us learn more about Kenya.
To communicate effectively with your clients and counterparts hailing from a different country of origin, it always helps to learn more about their social and cultural norms.
Here, in this course, you will explore the cultural, social and political setup of Kenya. Further, you will learn how to conduct yourself confidently while interacting with your Kenyan counterparts. Some of the aspects of this country that you will explore in this course have been outlined below:
- An Introduction to Kenya
- Ways of Life
- Business Etiquettes
In this course, you will:
- Examine how to conduct yourself confidently in unknown situations.
- Describe how to develop a strong business rapport when you arrive at your destination.
- Examine business, dining and dressing etiquettes of this land.
This course is meant to benefit:
- Business executives and management personnel:
- Who interact with customers or personnel belonging to a different culture over phone and e-mail
- Who work onsite at the customer’s place and want to equip themselves with intercommunication skills
- Individuals who are planning to take up overseas travel and would like to equip themselves with knowledge about a different culture